Data - 10/02/2021
18:00 - 19:30
Main event including Q&A: 18:00-19:30 EEST
Introduction speech: Prof Carole Mundell, International Science Envoy, UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
Keynote speaker: Professor Jeffrey Almond, Oxford Martin Fellow with the Oxford Martin Programme on Vaccines, University of Oxford, Professor Almond will take us on a tour of the power of vaccination – from smallpox, to Ebola and HIV, to the urgency of its current challenge in Covid-19, and asks if vaccination is up to the job this time.
Joining him for a debate will be academics and researchers from across Europe:
• Prof Virgil Paunescu, Director, Department III – Functional Sciences, ”Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy Timisoara (Romania)
• Assoc Prof Nils Rostoks, Director, Latvian Biomedical Research and Study Centre (Latvia)
• Prof Borut Štrukelj, Head, Department for Pharmaceutical Biology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
• Assoc Prof Andrey Tchorbanov, Head, Experimental Immunology Lab, Institute of Microbiology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (Bulgaria)
• Dr Vladimír Zelník, Head, Biotechnology and Analytical Laboratories, Biomedical Research Center, Slovak Academy of Sciences (Slovakia)
• Prof Aurelija Žvirblienė, Head, Immunology and Cell Biology at Vilnius University Life Science Centre; (Lithuania)
Moderated by: Susan Watts, Strategic Science Communications Please note that the event will be recorded.