Data - 23/02/2021
13:30 - 15:30
Active mobility, when physical activity doubles as a form of transport, can create health benefits and reduce demand for motorised transport. Given the benefits, cities are generally eager to boost active mobility, but it comes with challenges in respect to infrastructure and safety, as well as potential organisational and cultural barriers to overcome. How to promote a shift towards active mobility, while mitigating any barriers, is one of EIT Urban Mobility’s key challenge areas.
This session will include an opening by the EIT Urban Mobility, followed by city speakers who will give their insights on working with EIT Urban Mobility, thought leaders will speak on key innovations within active mobility and will be followed by private sector innovation pitches.
More information can be found here
Active mobility area description
The EIT Urban Mobility is holding open Innovation Days, along four of its thematic challenge areas, including:
- Future Mobility (February 18th, 13:30 – 15:30)
- Active Mobility (February 23rd, 13:30 – 15:30)
- Sustainable City Logistics (February 24th, 14:00 – 16:00)
- Mobility and Energy (February 25th, 14:00 – 16:00)
These challenge areas will be core to the upcoming call for proposals (2022), and the Innovation Days are a key first step, in building Action and Interest Groups across all of EIT Urban Mobility’s challenge areas.
Registration is free and it is open to any European Organisation or those with EU research agreements.
- Learn about the upcoming Call for Proposals 2022 and development of the Action and Interest Groups
- Learn about the four challenge areas prioritized by the EIT Urban Mobility Innovation activities
- Hear from thought leaders on key innovations in each area
- See corporate and organisational pitches on latest innovations
- Hear from city representatives on their current engagement with EIT Urban Mobility and the mobility challenges they wish to address
- Network and schedule 1:1 video calls with participants – Choose „Long Term Matchmaking“ function in the registration
How can you benefit from this event?
- Become a part of a EIT Urban Mobility’s Action and Interest Group
- Start a dialogue with EIT Urban Mobility