The JRC will open four of its European facilities for nuclear reaction and decay data measurements in Geel. Such measurements help to make nuclear reactors and the handling of nuclear waste safer, and enhance radiological protection for citizens and the environment.
The calls are addressed to external users from academia and research organisations, industry, SMEs, and more in general from the private and public sectors.
You will find all relevant information here: https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/research-facility/open-access such as
- Priority topics listed under the calls
- Benefit from support provided for TRAVEL and SUBSISTANCE cost.
MONNET, Tandem accelerator based fast neutron source (EUFRAT) https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/research-facility/open-access/relevance-driven/2021-1-rd-eufrat-monnet
RADMET, Radionuclide Metrology laboratories (EUFRAT) https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/research-facility/open-access/relevance-driven/2021-1-rd-eufrat-radmet
GELINA, the JRC Neutron Time-of-Flight Facility (EUFRAT) https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/research-facility/open-access/relevance-driven/2021-1-rd-eufrat-gelina
HADES, Underground laboratory for ultra-low level gamma-ray spectrometry (EUFRAT) https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/research-facility/open-access/relevance-driven/2021-1-rd-eufrat-hades
Conditions and criteria for access
- The Lead User Institution and User Institutions (see definitions in the Framework) must be from an EU Member State.
- The Lead User Institution must be from a university, research or public institution, or from a Small-Medium-Enterprise (SME).
- Ethical considerations in accordance with EU Law, in particular Art. 19 of Regulation (EU) 1291/2013, and applicable laws and regulations in the EU Member States.
- The proposal submission form is complete and complies with the instructions.
New: The JRC may provide a financial or in-kind contribution to support Users to cover their costs of travel and subsistence (T&S) related to the User stay Days, subject to the availability of funds, personnel and other resources to Users from User Institutions located in an EU Member State.
Examples: of ongoing and past collaborations using this instrument can be found in the new Research Infrastructures Brochure