Date - 16/12/2021
13:00 - 15:00
The Research Council of Lithuania National Contact Points (NCPs) and Lithuanian RDI Liaison Office LINO in Brussels together with Latvian and Estonian national RDI Liaison Offices in Brussels and national NCPs are pleased to invite you to the webinar “Conquering cancer – mission possible: coordination of actions in Baltic States”. This event targets the stakeholders who are planning to participate in the Horizon Europe Cancer Mission activities.
During the event, our guests from European Commission (EC), Lithuanian, Latvian and Estonian national authorities, cancer research institutions, start-ups and NGOs will present the main aspects of cancer research under “Horizon Europe” funding programme. The speakers will discuss how they could contribute to the Cancer Mission and coordinate their implementation efforts at the regional level in the Baltic countries.
Moderator: Mr Neeme Raud, Estonia
13:25 – 13:55 The Mission coordination actions at national level:
- Estonia and its case:
- Lithuania: Inga Cechanovičienė – Head of the Specialized Care Division of the Ministry of Health
- Latvia: Prof. Dr. Marcis Leja, European Cancer Board Member, University of Latvia, Institute of Clinical and Preventive Medicine
13:55 – 14:15 Baltic States cases studies:
- Lithuanian case study: Prof. Dr. Sonata Jarmalaitė „National oncology network for improved cancer control“, National Cancer Institute, Lithuania
- Latvian case study: Prof. Dr. Toms Torims CERN Baltic Group chairman “Advanced particle therapy for Cancer treatment in the Baltics”
14.25 – 14.35 Panel discussion with NGOs:
- Estonia: Kaili Semm, “Estonian Association of Parents of Children with Cancer”
- Lithuania: Neringa Čiakienė Lithuanian NGO “POLA” on activities for the cancer prevention and Dr. Tomas Lapinskas on Patient Council activity in Kaunas Clinics.
14:35 – 14:45 BranchyDOSE: start-up role in the cancer treatment innovations. Cooperation between the countries: Medics Paris Region Cluster (FR), North Estonia Medical Centre (EE), UAB Albamentric (LT). Dr Neringa Šeperienė (LT).
14:45 – 15:00 Q&A, Conclusions of the event