The objective of this online event is to give participants an overview on EU research and innovation policy developments and funding instruments in the field of defence and security as well as to build a platform for the participants to share their project ideas and find partners for future consortia.
During the webinar, you will also have the opportunity to learn about Estonia’s, Lithuania’s and Latvia’s players in defence and security areas and their stories that will illustrate different opportunities presented by EU programmes.
Organizers and partners:
Lithuanian RDI Liaison Office in Brussels – LINO, Estonian Liaison Office for EU RTD – ELO, Lithuanian Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology – MITA, Defence Materiel Agency under the Ministry of National Defence Republic of Lithuania, Estonian Ministry of Defence, Latvian Ministry of Defence and State Education Development Agency and other partners.
10:00-13:30 (Brussels time)
Part 1. Defence and security research in EU policy agenda
10:00 – 10:15 Welcome remarks
Mr. Simonas Šatūnas, Ambassador-at-Large, Permanent Representation of Lithuania to the European Union
Dr Brigita Serafinavičiūtė, Head of LINO Office
10:15 – 10:35 Security research aspects in Horizon Europe programme (including Q&A)
Mr. Giannis Skiadaresis, DG Migration and Home Affairs (DG HOME)
10:35 – 11:00 European Defence Fund: defence research and development (including Q&A)
Mr. Getter Oper, European Commission, DG Defence Industry and Space (DG DEFIS)
11:00 – 11:10 Research and Innovation in Security: the view of the European Security Industrial and Research Community (including Q&A)
Juliette Vieillevigne, European Organisation for Security
11:10 – 11:40 Inspiring projects from the previous funding period from Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia:
11:40-12:00 Coffee and snack break
Part 2. The brokerage on cluster 3 calls and EDF open research calls
12:00 – 12:15 Short introduction of Horizon Europe cluster 3 calls and European defence fund calls:
12:15 – 12:45 Brokerage part I
12:45 – 13:00 Comfort break
13:00 – 13:30 Brokerage part II
13:30 – 13.35 Closing remarks
Dr Ülle Napa, Head of the Estonian Liaison Office for EU RTD
The brokerage event will be dedicated to the pitch presentations on the following Horizon Europe cluster 3 calls from 2021 WP and European Defence Fund call on disruptive technologies for defence:
- HORIZON-CL3-2022-FCT-01-03: Enhanced fight against the abuse of online gaming culture by extremists
- HORIZON-CL3-2022-CS-01-01: Improved monitoring of threats, intrusion detection and response in complex and heterogeneous digital systems and infrastructures
- HORIZON-CL3-2022-CS-01-02: Trustworthy methodologies, tools and data security “by design” for dynamic testing of potentially vulnerable, insecure hardware and software components
- HORIZON-CL3-2022-CS-01-04: Development and validation of processes and tools used for agile certification of ICT products, ICT services and ICT processes
- HORIZON-CL3-2022-DRS-01-01: Enhanced citizen preparedness in the event of a disaster or crisis-related emergency
- HORIZON-CL3-2022-SSRI-01-04: Social innovations as enablers of security solutions and increased security perception
- EDF-2021-OPEN-RDIS-Open: Research on disruptive technologies for defence
You can register as an attendee (listen to the webinar) or as a pitch presenter (to make a 2-minute pitch on your ideas and capabilities; 1 pitch presentation per institution). There is a limited number of pitch presentations so the registrations will be handled on the first come – first served basis.
The deadline for registration as an attendee is October 26 and as pitch presenters – October 20. (Please indicate type of your participation in the registration form and organizers of the event will contact you directly.)
Link to the registration form. The link to the event will be sent to the registered participants by October 27th, 2021.