Date - 17/11/2022
9:00 - 12:00
Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian RDI Liaison Offices, and NCBR Poland in Brussels in cooperation with countries National Contacts Points (NCPs) are pleased to invite you to the series of webinars dedicated to the “Restore our ocean and waters” EU Mission. The first webinar, presenting the current state of play of the Mission together with National initiatives, will be held on 17 November, while the second one, on 6 December, will focus on the engagement of citizens and business for the EU Mission Oceans.
During both events the experts from the European Commission (EC), Members of the Mission board, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, German, Swedish and Finish national authorities, research institutions, start-ups and NGOs will showcase the opportunities under “Horizon Europe” funding programme, present best practices on how to contribute to the Mission and how to coordinate implementation efforts at the regional level in the Baltic Sea region countries.
Topic: EU Mission for Ocean and waters – state of play and National initiatives
09:30 – 09:35 Opening by Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian RDI Liaison Offices and NCBR Poland in Brussels
09:35 – 09:55 State of play and further implementation of the Mission. Kęstutis Sadauskas, Deputy Director-General at Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs Fisheries (DG MARE), Mission manager for the Restore our Ocean and Waters mission, European Commision
09:55 – 10:05 Role and the expectations towards the Mission Board. Klara Ramm, Member of the Ocean and Waters Mission Board
10:05 – 10:20 Q&A
10:20 – 11:35 The Mission coordination actions at the national level:
- Finland: Jussi Soramäki, senior ministerial advisor in the Prime Minister’s Office
- Estonia: Katarina Viik, adviser, Marine Environment Department, Ministry of the Environment of the Estonian Republic
- Latvia: Baiba Zasa, senior expert, Water resources unit, Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development of the Republic of Latvia
- Lithuania: Egidija Dudaite, senior expert, Pollution prevention policy unit, Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Lithuania
- Poland: Mariola Chojnacka, Director, Department of Maritime Economy, Ministry of Infrastructure
- Germany: Careen Krüger, Scientific Officer, Project Management JÜLICH
- Sweden: Martin Sjöberg, IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute
11:35 – 11:50 Q&A
11:50 – 12:00 Closing remarks, Klara Ramm, Member of the Oceans Mission Board
These events are online and free of charge. Registration is necessary and open for the first event until November 15th . The link to the Zoom event will be sent to the registered participants on November 16th. Register for the event here.