Date - 29/03/2022 - 01/04/2022
10:00 - 11:30
The EU Knowledge Valorisation Week will showcase excellent examples of policies and tools that promote the uptake of research results and science-based solutions for the benefit of all. Universities, business associations, research organisations, arts institutions, and other stakeholders have helped shape the programme by sharing their best practices in knowledge valorisation.
The Week will bring together stakeholders and policy makers across Europe. It will stimulate exchange of experiences and dialogue on ways to improve investments, capacities and skills for knowledge valorisation in the European Union. Meet with knowledge valorisation enthusiasts and join the discussion!
The EU Knowledge Valorisation Week is organised by the European Commission, Directorate-General Research and Innovation, EU Member States and EEA countries.
All webinars and sessions will be web-streamed on this page.
If you want to participate in the Valorisation Cafés, you have to register. The Valorisation Cafés will not be web-streamed.
Tuesday, 29 March 2022
10:00 – 10:30 Opening by Commissioner Mariya Gabriel, Follow the inspiring example of young innovators! Interview
10:45 – 11:30 Translating the vision into action: How to foster entrepreneurial and valorisation mind-sets
11:45 – 12:30 Valorisation Café: Better policies with social sciences and humanities insights
Wednesday, 30 March 2022
09:30 – 10:30 Innovation in my mind: Who will fund it?
10:45 – 11:30 Antwerp & Vienna calling: Universities as valorisation engines
11:45 – 12:30 Valorisation Café: What about the universities’ third mission?
Thursday, 31 March 2022
09:30 – 10:30 It takes two to tango: Research and industry team up to tackle societal challenges
10:45 – 11:30 Put citizens in the picture: Arts facilitating knowledge valorisation
11:45 – 12:30 Raise your standards – Praise your results Panel discussion
Friday, 1 April 2022
09:30 – 10:15 Tangible progress for intangibles: Access to and sharing of intellectual assets
10:30 – 11:15
- 10:30 – How is knowledge uptake accelerated at CERN?
- 11:00 – The New European Bauhaus: Knowledge-driven transformations for a more sustainable, social and beautiful future
11:30 – 12:30
New Directionality for Knowledge Valorisation in the EU
Registration to all webinars and sessions is free of charge and open until Wednesday, 30 March 2022.
Registration for the Valorisation Cafés is open until Wednesday, 30 March 2022 or until all places are taken.
Get inspired by additional great examples beyond the ones that will be presented live during the Knowledge Valorisation Week 2022:
Forstering entrepreneurial and valorisation mind-sets and skills
- Business 24h contest for young students, Latvia Watch the video
- Academia Innovation Enhancer, EU (France, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom Portugal)
- Knowledge Alliance of Business idea Assessment: Digital Approach – KABADA, EU (Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Portugal, Italy)
- 10k Incubator for Students – Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands Watch the video
- Call for the best social/humanistic innovation at the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia Watch the video
Valorisation of social sciences and humanities research
- Supporting valorisation of social sciences and humanities research, ETA programme, Czechia
- Maximising societal impact through transdisciplinary collaboration and knowledge brokers, University Ghent, Belgium
Platforms for knowledge uptake and informing policy making
- Data and Knowledge on new, innovative, and application-safe materials, DECHEMA, Germany
- Rural-Urban Learning Hub, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, EU Watch the video
- FRIS-Research Portal, Belgium Watch the video
- LUCK – Library of University College Knowledge, Belgium
Proof of concept and valorisation funding
- Innovation Project Fund – Universities of Lombardy, Italy
- Proof of Concept Fund- Jožef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
Universities as local innovation hubs
- Boosting of Sustainable Research and Innovation Infrastructures in Regional Ecosystems – Tampere University of Applied Sciences, Finland Watch the video
- University’s impact on regional and local development through entrepreneurship and valorisation – Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Taskforce Knowledge Transfer Centres, Austria
- BLIKOPENER – A single point of contact for collaboration Watch the video
- Medace, a (bio)medical co-workspace, Netherlands
- Technology Transfer through company visits – Jožef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
- Plug & Transfe programme, Spain
- Peer learning for achieving enhanced SME project exploitation potential, EU (Czechia, Belgium, Spain)
Facilitating citizen engagement
Using standardisation to disseminate R&I project results
- Standardisation supporting the dissemination of healthcare solutions for older persons, EU (Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland)
- How standardisation helps applying innovative research results to reduce the numbers of diagnostic errors in healthcare, EU (Germany, Austria, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom)
- Interactive guide to knowledge transfer, LiEU network, Belgium
- Brightlands, University Maastricht, Netherlands
Stakeholder cooperation for sustainability